Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Christmas shopping experience

So happy holidays to you all. Hope you are enjoying your days till christmas and I certainly hope that you have gotten all of your shopping done. If not then, God help you. I personally am almost 100 percent done. I have to have mom take care of one more gift. I always forget when I am up in Boonville to do it myself. Katie isn't done though, as you will find out in the story I am about to relate to you. So yesterday wasn't a bad day for the most part, but it really wasn't all that good either. one of those in between days. You could live with it but you certainly would not want to do it all over again. So Katie and I go to WalMart so that I can go to the eye doctor and get my glasses fixed. Of course no one I call carries my glasses anymore. So I go and have an exam and all that jazz. My insurance covers only the exam and the lenses, but not the frames, which is the part that i only really need. suprise. Another suprise, I can get frames covered if I could have waited till february of next year. suprise, suprise. So while I am picking out my glasses Katie does some shopping and when she comes back she helps me pick out the frames, so that she can't bitch about how they look. All said and done it cost me $124 for everything. They will be ready in about a week.cool, no glasses till them, but I can live. I was supposed to do my Christmas shopping when I got done, but Katie was getting sick so we go home. We were also supposed to go to Sylvan Beach and pick up cigs for her parents so I take Katie home and go get them. 5 mins away from home I get a call from Katie telling me that the obgyn told her to come in and they would examine her and see why she was sick for the last 5 days. She had been throwing up. nothing more. kinda morning sickness but seeing as she is 8 months preg that wasnt it. so we go and they give her an Rx. we go home. Later in the day she finally decided that she wanted to go shopping and that i would take her. No prob. So the entire family leaves the house and goes shopping in different directions. Conveniently enough they all end up in about a 10 mile radius of Cicero. very amusing, but i digress. So Katie and I take 81 to go to shopping town mall. Miss the exit we were supposed to take and just take the next one, no problem at all. just a little back tracking. cool. so we are driving on 31 west in clay where they just redid a good 5-10 mile stretch of road, four lanes and all, turn lanes the works. we come to a light, and i am just before the crosswalk and the light changes to yellow, so i continue through, no time to stop. then i stop. hard. someone decided they could make it through the intersection turning left and i ran into them. My truck is in the garage in clay, not where i really wanted to take it but no one could get ahold of anyone at AAA so they could tow it for me. Which was a big suprise to them when i finally got through this morning. The guy said that there were about 25 people at the phones at 6-630 last night. The driver of the other car said absolutely nothing to me. I credit this to me being extremely pissed and showing it verbally, not at him, jsut life in general and the fact that i was maybe 3 times the size of the guy. and also the fact that maybe he was dazed from having jsut been spun around twice and ending up in the turning lane of the road he was jsut turing onto. It looked as though he was turning off of that road onto 31. dont remember too much, but everyone is ok, katie was scared for the baby, cause it didnt move for a good 20 minutes, presumably from maybe shock, and more than likely the cold. Damn friggin cold last night. They checked her out at the scene and she got to sit in the nice warm fire subarban while i was on the phone with the ins company. Amazing how friggin long it takes for them to ask all the questions. The cop was great took katies description of what happened, offered for her to sit in the patrol car and all that. Gave the other guy a ticket for something, saying it was his fault. I figured obviously. so needless to say katie did not get her shopping done, and it was supposed to be for me too, damn it. Kates mom came and got us and we went to walmart and that is where i did get the rest of katies presents. So the day has so far cost me, all the estimates are not in, including the tow, rental car, deductable and shopping. but so far i am up to spending $700 yesterday. Granted a large chunk of that i will get back. Geico will fight with progressive for the deductable and any other damages they can so i should be able to get most of the 500 deductable back and the tow will be covered under AAA, will be reimbursed for it. of course the tow truck is not affiliated with AAA. and the renters insurance i bought when i hit the deer will take care of 25 dollars a day for the rental car. which i will hopefully get on monday. So i hope that your days went better yesterday and that your holiday season is full of cheer. I personally still cant wait for christmas. have a merry christmas and happy new year. Also i am sorry for the lack of any posts, i was just busy and tired last week. I will use the excuse of this being the holiday season so my posting has been sporadic and will probably continue through the first week after new years. maybe not that long but definately through christmas. I also found i dont have to work christmas eve or day. I have all day thursday after 7 off and then i go back to work at 11 PM christmas night. yeah for me. talk to you later joe FYI: Africa is divided into more countries than any other continent.

No comments: