Tuesday, November 23, 2004

A little bit more bakery

11/22/2004 Today was another day of learning. All be it just one thing. Today I made the starter dough for the bread. It's the dough that we make the day before so that the dough we make the next day will be able to work. Gives it a boost per se. I also found out that I am going to be the guy that does most if not all of the mixing. This I can not wait for. I have always wanted to learn this part of the bakery. I pretty much had the bench part of baking down, now all I needed was to learn how to mix the dough properly. The only thing left is going to be the cooking of the bread and the proofing of it. The proofing I will learn as I go seeing as we will be doing this everyday. Another thing that I learned last night was that one of the other bakers that I work with knows the Marshals of Star Bakery. Where I got my start in the baking business. Such a small world, it is. Tonight I also got to see the view from the Tower at night. Another spectacle. Looks a little better at night with all the headlights going down all the highways that we have at the intersection of the thruway, 31 and 365. Definetly one of the best views in CNY. Nothing else is new, so... Talk to you later Joe Listening to: Party All Night, Jeff Foxworthy, Little Texas, Scott Rouse FYI: Butterflies were formerly known by the name "flutterby."

No comments: