Monday, November 22, 2004

More Bakery

Sorry for the long delay, getting used to a new schedule has had me changing my routine till I could find something that would work. Still changing it and fine tuning it, but I dont really wnat to get to fine tuned seeing as it will all change when I go onto nights. But anyways, I digress. The bakery is very enjoyable. I am learning new stuff almost daily. We really haven' t gotten around to making too much bread as of yet. But Rich, my new boss, says that we will be getting to that starting this week. Jen wants all the bread figured out by the 5th, I believe it was. So we are going to be making lots of bread. Should be fun and a lot of new lessons. I have never mixed bread before so it is going to be all new. Today I got to roll dough for the first time in 2 and a half years. I found out just how much I missed doing this. I just cant wait till we get into actually making the bread on a regular basis. And all the recipes I will be gathering while I do this is going to be just as fun. Seeing as we can't make bread yet we have been kept occupied making all the other things that are in the bakery and other restaurants. This has also been very enjoyable. On a daily basis I have had to make chocolate chip cookie dough, oatmeal cookie dough, chocolate cake, white cake, yellow cake, and macaroons. I have also made crumbly topping for little cheesecake like things. Sorry really can't remember what they were called. I cant wait till tomorrow to see what we will make. I haven't liked my job and looked forward to going there in quite some time, but it definately is back. I am very greatful of this. The only things that I hve to learn myself is my conversions. I'm getting pretty darn good with them. Kinda helps that I use them on a daily basis. I have started to write down the recipes that we have used the most, but I need to get another notebook to put them in. That is one of my next purchses. Well, nothing else is going on so... Talk to you later Joe Listening to right now: Imagine, John Lennon FYI: There is a town in Alaska called Chicken

No comments: